A homage to Amekhala devi dasi
Vidurpriya das GKG: I have a short memory of Amekhala Mataji I would like to share. In 2007, when she and her husband Srutakirti prabhu visited Delhi, I had some interaction with Srutakirti prabhu and Amekhala mataji. Afterwards during Kartik, I went to Vrnadavana for some time.
On the 30th anniversary of Srila Prabhupada’s disappearance day, I happened to be in Vrndavana. It was my long cherished desire to attend the program that evening in Srila Prabhupada’s quarters. After all it was very special, 30 years. So I went there around 6.00 pm, and was chanting in the room where Srila Prabhupada’s medicines are kept in the cupboards. Along with me were some gurukulis.
At around 6.45 pm, an announcement was made that only Srila Prabhupada’s disciples are allowed to remain in the quarters for the ceremony, and all others have to leave. I prayed to Srila Prabhupada to please allow me to stay. Right at that moment Amekhala mataji entered that room. Since I had recently met her in Delhi, I asked mother Amekhala if she would let me
stay. She simled brightly and told me,” You just hide behind me, and I’ll protect you like my son”. Then no one dared to ask me or any of the gurukulis to leave the quarters, and we attended the whole ceremony peacefully. Thanks to her I could fulfill my long cherished desire.
The picture is from the Delhi Rathayatra 2007
All glories to Amekhala Mataji
your humble servant,
Vidurpriya das GKG
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...