Corrupt Leader Exposed!
By Akruranatha Das
It is fashionable to criticize leaders these days, especially on the internet, but there is one extremely powerful leader whose perfidious deeds should immediately be exposed before he hurts more devotees. This bogus “guru” has already victimized many, disrupting their spiritual lives and kicking them out of ISKCON, leading them down the path of sinful life. Yet, too many of us ignore his evil influence and stand silently by as he wreaks havoc on Srila Prabhupada’s mission, even those who are normally most assiduous in pointing out the faults of others.
The leader of whom I speak is the unbridled, materialistic mind. He constantly urges us to give up our devotional service and to relapse into sense gratification. He is clever and insidious, capable of posing as having our best interests at heart, or misguiding us without even being detected. His disreputable behavior threatens every one of us, often without our knowledge.
It simply will not do to banish him, despise him, or try to destroy him. By that very act we would only succeed in further provoking him, increasing his power, and entangling ourselves in further degradation. He is one of our olders and closest associates, and we truly cannot do without him. To try to stop mental activity altogether is a futile enterprise.
Like other faulty leaders, our duty is rather to reform him and to find him appropriate, positive engagement where he can do no more harm, and can actually do much good. The best and most practical way to do this is to engage him in paying attention to the holy names as we chant our daily rounds, and letting him know very firmly that his nonsense will not be tolerated: we will not let him shirk that important service or get up to his evil ways again!
If we keep that up regularly and remain firm, he will actually transform from a powerful, dangerous enemy into our greatest friend, and he will enable us to properly glorify and remember Krishna without cessation.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...