By Yadavendra Das
My dear readers,
Please accept my humble obeisances and all glories to Srila Prabhupada, the Founder-Acarya of Iskcon and Institutor of the Bhaktivedanta Book Trust!
Here is a very wonderful and true sankirtan story:
Yesterday, 20 July 2010 while on Book Distribution in Brisbane, Australia, I met an Indian lady from South India of all places, who gave her name as Tanya. I replied to her:” But that’s not an Indian name!” Then she said:” My full name is Cai-tanya” Then I asked her whether she knew Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. She replied “No”. I explained to her that the meaning of “Caitanya” is “living force”, as per Srila Prabhupada’s own statements and Who He is i. e. the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself in the guise of a devotee, Who took His transcendental birth in Navadwipa. I also asked her to please stop rendering such a great disservice to everyone and please give her name as Caitanya from now on, so that everyone around her would chant the Holy Name of the Lord while calling her. Isn’t that a wonderful story??? It is indeed. Hope you will enjoy it! In transcendental service to His Divine Grace
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...