Would you like to serve Sri Sri Khoda Nitai & Maypur Shashi – the most beautiful Gaura Nitai Deities in the world (According to His Grace Kripamoya Prabhu)?
Have your kids flown the nest and you’d like to experience the bliss of full-time devotional service?
Would you like to move to a Holy Place to render devotional service, but prefer to remain in UK?
Would you like to live away from the city in a Krishna Conscious Eco Community?
Do you have experience in or are willing to learn to serve as a Pujari and a Deity Cook?
Do you like to be punctual, clean and organised?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
What we are looking for:
– Pujari experience or willingness to learn – cooking, puja, dressing the deities
– Punctuality, Cleanliness, Spirit of Cooperation and willingness to learn local Deity standards
– 7h service per day – 6 days / week
– 2nd initiation, 16 rounds and 4 regs
– minimum commitment of six months (including 2 months trial)
What we offer:
– Opportunity to to serve the beautiful deities of Gaura Nitai
– Simple accommodation free of charge or a flat for a low monthly cost (if available)
– Volunteer allowance
– Opportunity to live away from the city in a devotional and eco environment
– Opportunity for association of devotees
About our Deities
Sri Sri Khoda Nitai Mayapur Shashi are the presiding deities at Karuna Bhavan. They were originally fashioned in New Vrindavan, West Virginia and were worshipped for the first time at the Berkeley Temple in San Francisco, USA. They arrived on the auspicious day of Ram Navami at Glasgow Airport in the spring of 1996. As it was meant to be, the Customs on Glasgow Airport stamped the papers for Their official entry at sunset, the time of Lord Rama’s appearance, making Their entry all the more auspicious and special. They were then brought to Karuna Bhavan, where They have since been the presiding deities for all of Scotland.
About Sri Tulsinath and 1800+ Shaligram Shilas.
A group of devotees from Karuna Bhavan travelled to the Gandaki river in Nepal to look for shaligram shilas to take back to Scotland and worship. After collecting a considerable amount they came across one beautiful and large shila. The devotees tried to return Him to the gandaki river but after many attempts seemed the Lord was manifesting His own will to go to Scotland. On the auspicious day of Nrsimha Caturdasi, Sri Tulsinath made His appearance at Karuna Bhavan- as the master of Srimati Tulasi devi and the pradan shila amongst the other 1800+ shilas.
About Karuna Bhavan
Karuna Bhavan temple was started in 1987 and has developed into 8 acre estate that runs various projects such as:
1) Krishna Eco Farm – our environmental project officially launched in 2012
2) Food For Scotland – prasad distribution project
3) Kirtan Scotland – Kirtan outreach project
4) OM Sweet Om – outreach centre in Glasgow city centre
5) Bhakti Yoga Academy – this year we are launching our educational and retreat project
If you would like to apply for this opportunity or if you have any queries about this opportunity, please contact us at
Prabhupada Prana das
Karuna Bhavan Temple President
ISKCON Scotland Ltd, Registered Charity No. SC001127
Karuna Bhavan, Bankhouse Road, Lesmahagow, ML11 0ES