Samadhi Ceremony held for His Grace Sripad Aindra Prabhu – pics
By Adi Kesava (das) KKS (Vrindavan – IN)
The 15th of July 2010 commemorated 30 days since the passing of His Grace Sripad Aindra Prabhu. His room was just renovated covered with fresh cow dung. All the deities were moved back in and a ceremony was held establishing his Samadhi. Some of his god brothers were present; they glorified his services and activities. Gopal Prabhu on behalf of the devotees of the 24 hour kirtan department placed his sacred ashes into Samadhi and also part took in performing all the formalities led by our head pujari H. G Mukunda Datta Prabhu. A fire sacrifice was held where we offered
108 Mahamantras and then Vaisnava Homa was performed. After the formalities were completed all the devotees present took a small procession down to Mukunda Datta prabhus house where a bhoga offering was done and the Mahaprasad distributed. Soon after arriving in Vrindavan in the 80’s Sripad Aindra prabhu moved into room no 89 of the Brahmacari Ashram and continued to stay there for 24 years. His room depicted the Vrindavan mood with cow dung art on the walls which was done by him, Yamuna clay on the floor and remnants of the original Tamal tree from the temple courtyard. He only left his room to come for his kirtan services, Deity Dressing services, to purchase bhoga for his Deities, going to the bathroom and very rarely for other purposes. Most of his time was spent in his room chanting many rounds, studying Srila Prabhupada’s books and the Goswami literatures as well as performing his personal Deity worship. It was the desire of H. G Sripad Aindra prabhu that his Samadhi be nearby his Deities and that the worship of over 2000 Saligrama Sheilas, Nitai Saci Suta and his many other Deities go on as he was doing. His presence is very much felt in his room and he will continue to reside there to inspire everyone especially the devotees of the 24 kirtan department to keep the blazing fire of Harinaam Sankirtan Yajna burning.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...
- By Shyam Sunder Priya DasIt was like any other...
- By Iskcon VizagDue to hud hud cyclone our templ...
- By radhanathswami.com “When we do things on a s...
- By Zachary Feder and Khatera Sahibzada In an ag...