Kaisori (dasi) (BBT): “The changes” for chapter four of Bhagavad-Gita As It
Is are now online at www.BBTedit.com/changes.
- Several purports where missing text has been restored. In the
purport to Text 6, restored to the book are more than forty words left
out when a typist skipped from one instance of “causeless
mercy” to the next.
- Spelling errors corrected, both for Sanskrit (texts 5, 11, and
12) and for English (text 10).
- In the word meanings for text 31, a word meaning left out by
Srila Prabhupada and replaced by the editor with a meaning that was
totally wrong. Fixed for the second edition.
- In text 12 you’ll see “hrt-anjana”
(“heart ointment”?) properly restored to
“hrta-jnana” (“deprived of
- In text 10 you’ll see how “negligence of spiritual
life” wrongly came to be one of the “three stages of
attachment to the material world.” And you’ll see for yourself
whether Srila Prabhupada meant to say that the conception of void
“underlies” frustration or arises from it.
Also included is the complete manuscript page for text 34.
Check it out.
The changes for the Preface, the Introduction, and the previous
chapters are already online. See them all at www.BBTedit.com/changes.