Announcing CHAD for Kartik 2010!
By Gandharvika Radha Devi Dasi
Rediscover the joy of reading with Bhagavad-Gita with the Chapter-A-Day (CHAD) program ,a worldwide alliance of devotees who chant at least one chapter of Bhagavad-Gita As It Is. This program officially inaugurated by His Grace Vaisheshika Prabhu has been a huge success amongst both the exalted devotees and the neophytes at ISKCON of Silicon Valley. Around 104 dedicated souls recited Bhagavad-Gita during the 2009 Kartik Month. This year we’d like to share the transcendental nectar with you all.
In Padma Purana Lord Vishnu declares that Bhagavad-gita is the destroyer of all sins. And that intelligent man who daily recites one chapter or even one shloka, one half shloka, or at least one quarter shloka, will attain the same position as Susharma had attained.”
In Bhagavad-Gita Lord Krishna describes that one who reads Bhagavad Gita worships him by intelligence. (BG 18:70) Wherever there is Krishna, the master of all mystics, and wherever there is Arjuna, the supreme archer, there will also certainly be opulence, victory, extraordinary power, and morality.(BG 18:78)
In the Skanda Purana it is said: “Lord Hari, the all-powerful Supreme Personality of Godhead forgives thousands of offenses and a host of terrible sins committed by one who worships Him during the month of Kartika.”
Scriptures also declare that he who bathes in Ganga can liberate himself; whereas the one who reads and lives according to Bhagavad Gita not only gets liberated, but also gains the power to liberate others.
Please join us! Spend 10 minutes every day and enormously increase your transcendental bank balance!
How to join CHAD
1.Make a vow to chant at the 9th chapter of Bhagavad-Gita As It Is every day from Oct 22 2010 to No 21 2010 @ anytime that works for you.
2.Chant all the Sanskrit slokas; or all the English translations; or both the Sanskrit and English.
3.Email email@example.com to enroll & receive the 9th chapter in CHAD format. Print it and carry it with you where you go. (Waiting for a software program to download/compile? Chant your chapter!)
4.Report your performance and receive a transcendental gift at the end of Kartik.
Benefits of joining CHAD
1. Feel impetus to chant Bhagavad-gita everyday knowing that others are doing it with you.
2. Gain superior strength and knowledge in devotional service by reciting and hearing the divine conversation between Krsna and Arjuna.
3. Be cleared of offences you’ve committed in worshiping the Deity.
4. Automatically learn multiple Bhagavad-gita verses through repetition. (“Repetition is
the mother of learning.”)
5. Develop skill in citing important slokas as evidence from Bhagavad-gita.
6. Awaken a sweet relationship with Krsna Who reveals Himself to those who daily
chant the Bhagavad-gita.
Srila Prabhupda on Chanting and Reading the Bhagavad-gita
Here are a few things that Srila Prabhupada said about chanting and reading Bhagavad-gita:
Srila Prabhupada: “I thank you so much for having nicely appreciated the Bhagavad-gita As It
Is. This book should be read by all of my students at least one chapter per day, and in kirtana
class it should be discussed sloka after sloka. Practically, we have tried to explain in this book
all of the basic principles of Krishna Consciousness. If you can simply cram Bhagavad-gita
then you will surely become a very good preacher.” (SP Letter Jan. 3, 1969)
“If one commits any of the above offenses, [offences to be avoided while worshiping the Deity
are listed] one must read at least one chapter of Bhagavad-gita. This is confirmed in the
Skanda-Purana, Avanti-khanda.” (SB 7.5.23 Purport)
“Please try to read this Bhagavad-gita As It Is. It is science of God. You will understand… You will realize. And chant this Hare Krsna mantra. This Hare Krishna mantra will cleanse your heart. And after cleansing your heart, if you read one chapter of Bhagavad-gita, you will understand gradually what is God, what you are, what is your relationship with God. And when you understand all these things and you develop your love of God, you become
perfectly happy.” (SP conversation May, 12, 1969)
“Anywhere Bhagavad-gita is chanted, that place becomes a tirtha [a holy place].” (SP quoted
“When you study very carefully all of the literatures which are available, especially Bhagavadgita As It Is, you will have in your grasp answers to all questions that may be put to you. Please encourage the others to read this Bhagavad-gita at least one chapter every day.”
(Letter to Upendra, January 6, 1969)
1. By reciting the same chapter of Bhagavad Gita you’ll become familiar with the slokas and will remember them. This helps to develop a taste for chanting.
2. Record your chanting and listen to it at other times during the day.
4. Get others to join CHAD with you and chant your daily chapters together.
5. If you miss a day, simply continue the next day with a determined vow.
“This Gitopanisad, Bhagavad-gita, the essence of all the Upanisads, is just like a cow, and
Lord Krsna, who is famous as a cowherd boy, is milking this cow. Arjuna is just like a calf,
and learned scholars and pure devotees are to drink the nectarean milk of Bhagavad-gita.”
Hoping this meets you with your mind fixed at the lotus feet of Lord Govinda.
The CHAD staff ©
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...
- By Muralidhara-priya Das 2016 marks the Fiftiet...
- By Mukundamala Dasa One morning when going thro...
- By His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami P...
- By Len Cohen"Merciful music and Krishna’s trans...