Call to all Devotee-Scholars!!!
By Pusta Krishna das
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupad!! This is a call to action to all of our Godbrothers and Godsisters with advanced degrees which we can dovetail in the service of Srila Prabhupad. I have had communications with His Grace Jayadvaita Maharaj, and with His Grace Devamrita Maharaj who c has been appointed by the GBC to interface with the Bhaktivedanta Institute. First, I do not intend that this project be entitled the “Bhaktivedanta Institute” in order to avoid any conflicts with their management. The devotee-scholars who become involved with the program will help choose a name for the program.
The main purposes of this program are as follows:
1. First and foremost, we must encourage engagement in devotional service from our scholars. They have so much to offer to the world. No person left behind…no bhakta should be overlooked. They are all vitally important to Srila Prabhupad and the world.
2. The organization of this program, which will be later named by our collective agreement, will be decentralized, similar to Nama-Hatta. This will give maximal creative opportunity to the local devotee-scholars. We want to encourage that you think and plan for Srila Prabhupad’s service, and that your service is deeply appreciated. We want to reach the educated public, ie scientists, scholars, leaders in their fields, and share with them the importance of placing Krishna(God) in the Center. Water the root and every part of the tree will be benefited. Realize that all endeavours are “zero” without the “1” before them. This program will emphasize the Parampara teachings which Srila Prabhupad gave us. We will not pander to mayavadis or mental speculators, but rather will use our intelligence and creativity, and most importantly, our “personal example”, that life is much richer and full with hope by following the principles of bhakti-yoga. We will teach the importance of transcendental sound vibration, the Hare Krishna Mahamantra, as the prime benediction of this age for making rapid progress in one’s ultimate quest in life. When people will see your sincerity of purpose, their hearts will be softened to Krishna, and our service will please Srila Prabhupad and Krishna.
3. Local devotee-scholars can arrange Forums with several devotee-scholars to make presentations to the public. Especially, we shall target the educated population with the aim of helping them realize the tremendous opportunity that Srila Prabhupad has given them in this brief life. Any form of program can be considered so long it remains Parampara, and will include some chanting and book distribution as well. Prasadam distribution as appropriate can be done as well.
4. Later, it is possible that our devotee-scholars might contribute essays to a book or journal that will emphasize the practical nature of bhakti-yoga. We shall see.
First, I want to give you my email address so that we can begin sharing ideas, formats for service, and others in your area who you may or may not know are willing to participate in this preaching work. Most importantly, is that you engage. We must try to please our beloved Sri Gurudeva. From my side, I can tell you that you will get nothing but encouragement from me, and I hope that you will give nothing but encouragement to others. I believe in Krishna, I believe in Srila Prabhupad, and I believe in you, fellow bhaktas in this important service to Srila Prabhupad.
Email me: PustaKrishna@comcast.net
Eventually, we shall create a more voluminous email list, and can exchange ideas, successes, frustrations, but never turn back…never.
Yours in service to Srila Prabhupad,
Pusta Krishna das
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...