A king I was, feeling proud.
Subjects and land,
So much to reign.
Taking that gold, that night with stealth.
Killing my mother,
Thus grew my wealth.
Oh my Lord, I promise,
I’ll never do it again.
A sailor I was, strong and wild,
Full fourteen years,
No longer a child.
Lashings and whippings, my dogs, my slaves,
Thoughts for no one,
Then a watery grave.
Oh my Lord, I promise
I’ll never ever, do it again.
Then fragrant perfumes, milk white skin.
The envy of all,
No sense of shame.
A girl I was, then lover then bride.
Then prince, then pauper.
Now, no place to hide.
Oh, my dear Lord, I promise,
I’ll never, ever, do it again.
My thoughts, my feelings, my visions abound,
With lions and horses,
All running around,
Snarling, fiercely fighting ,
Hot white sands,
In distant, far off lands.
Oh my dear Lord, I promise I’ll never, never do it again.
Hundreds of soldiers, I hear them yell.
Wicked encounters to the depths of hell.
Now, here I am, inside this womb,
Hating each second,
Feeling faint I swoon.
Oh my dear, dear Lord, I promise,
I’ll never, ever do it again.
I beg You now, with humble plea,
Let me not forget Your mercy ‘pon me
Another life of pleasure, sorrow and pain.
Oh, my dear Lord Krsna,
I never want to forget You,
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...
- By Shyam Sunder Priya DasIt was like any other...
- By Iskcon VizagDue to hud hud cyclone our templ...
- By radhanathswami.com “When we do things on a s...
- By Zachary Feder and Khatera Sahibzada In an ag...