Varnashrama College 2011 In South India
Bharat Chandra Das: ISKCON Daiva Varnasrama Ministry (India), pioneering the Varnasrama mission announces the third term of Varnasrama College course, entitled “Land, Cows, and Krishna”.
The three-month course will be conducted at ISKCON – Sahyadri Sri Krishna Balaram Ksetra scenically located at the foothills of the famous Sahyadri Mountains. The nearest town is Hebri (in the Udupi District of) Karnataka, South India.
The three month course commences on 1st January 2011 and scheduled to complete on 31st March 2011.
The course is meant to train students on aspects of “simple-living and high-thinking” based on “Land, Cows, and Krishna”. Students will be taught various subjects both in theory and practice. A standard curriculum has been developed over two years of experience in conducting VarnasramaCollege. Basics of agriculture, cow protection and aspects of Yoga and health will be offered as compulsory subjects for all the students. Other introductory courses are flexibly designed largely depending on the student’s interest to specialise and deepen one’s understanding in a particular area based on one’s natural inclination and interest.
The courses that are planned to be offered are as follows:
1. Course orientation
2. Introduction to Varnasrama Dharma
3. Srimad Bhagavatam
4. Krsna Yoga
5. Astrology and Vastu
8. Basics of Kalaripayattu and Dhanurveda
9. Cow care
10. Holistic Agriculture
11. Construction techniques
12. Village technologies
The course will include field visits to local organic farmers, padayatras with bullock cart and harinama-sankirtana in neighbouring villages and a visit to Mayapur for the annual Varnasrama seminar during Gaura Purnima. The selection criteria is based on merit, recommendation from authorities/guide, sponsorship for the course and telephonic interview with the student.
Students are expected to get sponsorships from their authorities for the course. The sponsorship fee for the course is Rs5,000/- per student. The sponsorship fee includes prasadam, lodging, educational materials, field visits and faculty visits. The sponsorship fee has been kept to the minimum to facilitate the students who may be unable to pay. Dakshina or donation from the sponsorers will be much appreciated to further this most important aspect of implementing Daiva Varnasrama dharma.
The course will be overseen by His Holiness Bhakti Raghava Maharaj who will be the resident sannyasi during the course.
Applications are accepted before November 30th, 2010.
For the curriculum please write to: Bharat.Chandra.BRS@pamho.net
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By E. BondarThe way we answer this question wil...
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...
- By Niranjana Swami My name is Omvati Devi Dasi,...
- By Harideva Dasa “So at the time of death… Of c...