Bhaktivedanta Manor volunteers takes a leading local role for National Seva Day
Radha Mohan das:On Sunday 21st November Bhaktivedana Manor is expecting hundreds of volunteers to come together for National Seva Day (Service – Good deeds for others). In partnership with Hertsmere Borough Council and Hertsmere Forum of Faiths, the Jewish, Christian and Hindu communities will come together to serve the local community by litter-picking in three local parks, cooking for the homeless and planting trees.
It is intended that people from all communities and all faiths come together on one day of the year.
Bhaktivedanta Manor volunteers will be donning their wellies to transform the overgrown Rose Field in Radlett into a communal picnic area.
Manor volunteers will be also picking litter in two parks in Borehamwood: Maxwell Hillside Park and Parkfields.
“I am excited and optimistic about the events that are being planned for Mitzvah Day and National Seva Day” said Rev Richard Leslie, Chair of Hertsmere Forum of Faiths. “The event marks the beginning of this year’s National Interfaith Week.”
The corporate world is also doing its bit with volunteers from the likes of Ernest & Young, J.P Morgan & Co and Barclays Capital, They will be cooking in the kitchens of Bhaktivedanta Manor to feed the homeless and disadvantaged in Watford.
The Manor community was inspired by the Mitzvah Day, a Jewish led initiative to volunteer their time to good causes. Some 5,000 faith volunteers from 50 different Hindu organisations across in the UK will be taking part.
Each event that is being organised is based on at least one of the guiding principles:
•To relieve hardship and poverty
•To bring a little joy where none exists
•To help the environment
Together, Mitzvah Day and National Seva Day are expected to attract around 20,000 volunteers to support at least 250 projects and initiatives across the country. While both events have been organised by faith groups, anyone can take part in Mitzvah Day and National Seva Day, regardless of race, religion or belief.
For more information about Bhaktivedanta Manor’s contribution to the aforementioned events, please contact:
Radha Mohan das:
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...
- By Shyam Sunder Priya DasIt was like any other...
- By Iskcon VizagDue to hud hud cyclone our templ...
- By radhanathswami.com “When we do things on a s...
- By Zachary Feder and Khatera Sahibzada In an ag...
- By Krsnabaladev Das Urgent action is needed to ...