The Bhaktivedanta Academy, a Krishna-centered Pre-K thru 6th grade school
located in the Alachua, Florida devotee community, is seeking applicants for the
position of Teacher’s Assistant.
The school has been part of the devotee community in Alachua since 1990 and is
presently serving 50 students in grades pre-K - 6th, making it one of ISKCON’s
largest elementary schools in North America. The Bhaktivedanta Academy is committed
to providing both a strong Krishna Conscious program, as well as academic
excellence. We are seeking teachers who have a genuine love for working with
children, who like working with a team, and who are committed to devotional life.
Under the direction of the Lead Teacher, the Teacher’s Assistant works
cooperatively with the other members of the educational team to maintain an
environment conducive to the children’s academic and spiritual development. This
is an hourly part-time position that will begin immediately.
- ISKCON member in good standing that is committed to his/her spiritual
- Able to pass local, state, and federal criminal background screenings.
- Able to speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Must be US citizen or possess documentation of right to work in the US.
- Knowledge of Montessori educational methodology or willingness to attain.
- Prior experience working with young children in a classroom and/or daycare
- Completion of 40 clock-hour Introductory Child Care training preferred.
- Current first aid and CPR certification preferred.
Download the full job
Interested applicants should download the employment application and may
either scan and email the completed application along with current resume to email@example.com,
fax to 386-462-2886, or mail to P.O. Box 937, Alachua, FL 32616. Send all
correspondence to the attention of Visvambhara das.
Applications will be accepted through December 3rd, 2010.