“Cameras Ready ! And……Action !”
te-naka te-naka te-naka taa !
I hear the mrdanga beat.
I’m really completely jet lagged,
Still trying to find my feet.
Well, we took a plane, left in the rain,
And now I’m in Brazil.
The air is wet, the sun is hot,
And a jungle’s just over the hill.
Told my mum I needed a change,
I didn’t have time to explain,
I know she’s going to worry,
But it was so cold in chilly Ukraine.
And now the air’s so hard to breathe,
In this tropical heat,
I shuffle along, singing the song,
Watching my two left feet !
I’m dressed in a pale pink sari,
With gopi dots on my face,
I’m trying to move as best I can,
With lots of style and grace.
And as I move myself along,
Shanghaied is the word I’d use,
‘Cept, I was really quite willing,
‘Cos I’d nothing much to lose.
ta-tata ta-tata ta-tata boom !
The mrdanga beat’s getting faster.
Maybe my life’s taking a turn,
No longer heading for disaster.
Later, we’ll sail on the Amazon,
And that’ll be lots of fun.
” Crocs and snakes and ‘gators ! ”
Just wait till I tell my mum !
The guru is really awesome !
And he likes the way I dance.
“And chanting the Holy Names,
Is the way to really advance ! ”
Well, different slok’s for different folks.
That’s just the way it goes.
I’m chanting Hare Krishna,
And dancing on my toes !
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...