Tu Whit Tu Whoo
Pale light. Moonlight.
Perched high up in the trees.
My feathers hardly moving.
The ground begins to freeze.
There it moves ! Near the house !
Darting along the ground !
Here I come, little mouse.
My feathers make no sound.
I float, I glide, I swoop, I snatch.
My talons sharp and strong.
For I’ve been watching you, little mouse.
All night long.
As I prepare to eat your heart,
I think of lives gone past.
I’ve lived so many lives.
And this is not my last.
Oh little mouse, you squeak and squirm,
You try with all your might,
But soon to you Death will come,
So it’s useless now to fight.
Death comes to us all,
And tonight you were too slow.
Your soul will leave your body soon,
So please prepare to go.
Oh what a curse of nature !
We are in this body bound,
You, with your squeaking voice,
And me, with this hooting sound.
Once more, I promise to myself,
As I eat this mouse with shame,
I will not waste my next human form,
And I will, I will chant the Holy Name
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...
- By Niranjana Swami My name is Omvati Devi Dasi,...
- By Harideva Dasa “So at the time of death… Of c...
- By Iskcon NairobiThe University Program in Nair...