Tu Whit Tu Whoo
Pale light. Moonlight.
Perched high up in the trees.
My feathers hardly moving.
The ground begins to freeze.
There it moves ! Near the house !
Darting along the ground !
Here I come, little mouse.
My feathers make no sound.
I float, I glide, I swoop, I snatch.
My talons sharp and strong.
For I’ve been watching you, little mouse.
All night long.
As I prepare to eat your heart,
I think of lives gone past.
I’ve lived so many lives.
And this is not my last.
Oh little mouse, you squeak and squirm,
You try with all your might,
But soon to you Death will come,
So it’s useless now to fight.
Death comes to us all,
And tonight you were too slow.
Your soul will leave your body soon,
So please prepare to go.
Oh what a curse of nature !
We are in this body bound,
You, with your squeaking voice,
And me, with this hooting sound.
Once more, I promise to myself,
As I eat this mouse with shame,
I will not waste my next human form,
And I will, I will chant the Holy Name
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...
- By Muralidhara-priya Das 2016 marks the Fiftiet...
- By Mukundamala Dasa One morning when going thro...
- By His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami P...
- By Len Cohen"Merciful music and Krishna’s trans...
- By Bhakta Kaplish Keeping in view the large num...
- By Kesava Krsna DasaHas anyone ever attended a ...
- By Lilasuka dasiThe academic school in New Vrin...
- By Nimai Devi Dasi Leicester Cathedral, a Mosqu...