Tears of happiness
During the Janmastami marathon I met a lady in a block of flats. As soon as she saw the books, she was very attracted to them. She bought the Bhagavad-gita and the first canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam. She was very thankful to me, expressing again and again her happiness that I brought these books to her. She told me that it must be by the grace of God that I came there. Then she started to shed tears profusely. Seeing I was a little bit embarrassed by this, she told me, “Do not mind these tears; they are tears of happiness.”
I asked her if she knew something about the books, and she told me a story of how she had gotten some of Srila Prabhupada’s books before. Once, her husband was shopping downtown when he noticed two extraordinary books lying on the bench in the town square. One was “The Science of Self-Realization,” and the other was “A Second Chance.” He was attracted to them but thought that somebody just forgot them on the bench and would soon come and retrieve them. So her husband went shopping, and after two hours he returned — and the books were still there! So he took them and gave them to his wife.
The lady told me that at that time she had had several life crises and that these books had helped her very much. So she was really happy to obtain more books from Srila Prabhupada. I advised her to start to chant the Hare Krishna mantra regularly and to stop eating meat. She willingly agreed and gave me her contact information.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada’s transcendental books!
Your servant, Gadadhara Dasa
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...