Tears of happiness
During the Janmastami marathon I met a lady in a block of flats. As soon as she saw the books, she was very attracted to them. She bought the Bhagavad-gita and the first canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam. She was very thankful to me, expressing again and again her happiness that I brought these books to her. She told me that it must be by the grace of God that I came there. Then she started to shed tears profusely. Seeing I was a little bit embarrassed by this, she told me, “Do not mind these tears; they are tears of happiness.”
I asked her if she knew something about the books, and she told me a story of how she had gotten some of Srila Prabhupada’s books before. Once, her husband was shopping downtown when he noticed two extraordinary books lying on the bench in the town square. One was “The Science of Self-Realization,” and the other was “A Second Chance.” He was attracted to them but thought that somebody just forgot them on the bench and would soon come and retrieve them. So her husband went shopping, and after two hours he returned — and the books were still there! So he took them and gave them to his wife.
The lady told me that at that time she had had several life crises and that these books had helped her very much. So she was really happy to obtain more books from Srila Prabhupada. I advised her to start to chant the Hare Krishna mantra regularly and to stop eating meat. She willingly agreed and gave me her contact information.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada’s transcendental books!
Your servant, Gadadhara Dasa
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...