24 hour kirtan at Sri Mayapur International School
By Gunacuda dasi
On the auspicious appearance day of Srila Narottam Das Thakur (February 18th) the students and teachers of Sri Mayapur International School held their second annual 24 hour kirtan.
All the students participated during the early morning and day time ,with each class taking a turn to chant the Hare Krishna mahamantra. During the evening well wishers and parents from the Mayapur community came and led the kirtan .
Boys from the ashram and High school then sang from 10pm until 4 am the next morning, then the teachers took over for the last hour. Sri Mayapur International School has harmonimum and mridanga lessons on the curriculum, so every student was keen to join in the enthusiastic kirtan and sing for the pleasure of Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...