ISV celebrates MSF of Humility and Harmony 2011
By Raxit Jariwalla
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
The Monthly Sankirtana Festival (MSF) of ‘Humility and Harmony’, held to honor the divine appearance of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, was concluded last Saturday, March 19th on which day, the final results were offered at the Gaura Purnima Mahotsav held at the ISV temple in San Jose.
To honor Mahaprabhu, in the spirit of humility and harmony, ISV devotees participated in a Sankirtana yagna over an entire month to spread Krishna consciousness throughout the Bay area.
The specific goals of this MSF were:
* To distribute at least 4000 books (including at least 25 Caitanya Caritamrta sets)
* To collect at least $6000 in Laxmi points
* To create a new role of ‘Events Director’ and to take applications from interested devotees
To achieve these goals, Team ISV held two Hari-Nama Sankirtana performances in Palo Alto and two weekends of massive book distribution, going out door to door at apartment complexes in the South & East Bay and distributing books at different spots such as Santa Cruz. Both adults and children were active participants in door-to-door book distribution, including Sunday-School kids who organized their own Kids Sankirtana with a goal of 400 books, succeeding in distributing 466 books and 3 CC sets.
Books were also distributed at house programs held in Saratoga and Fremont, and through smart boxes placed in various establishments in the Bay Area. In addition, over 1850 Bhagavad Gitas were dispatched for placement in motels all across the US, with active participation by devotees from ISV (San Jose) and those from Boston, Houston and other cities.
All books and Laxmi goals were met and surpassed. Regarding the goal of Events Director, a job description was prepared to take applications from interested devotees.
Here’s a summary of the final results from book distribution.
* More than 98 devotees participated in book distribution
* They distributed 5,681 books (including 27 CC sets) and
* They raised totally $15,846 in Laxmi points (including donations*), of which $5,271 was for MotelGita.
*Among major donations received, Ramananda sakha Prabhu contributed $4,000 to Sankirtana on Gaura Purnima day ($2,000 each to MotelGita and to general book distribution). Other Sankirtana donations were reported in individual MSF reports.
In parallel, ISV had conducted a fund-raising drive for new temple on Facebook. In online donations from this drive, $2500 was raised, meeting an adjusted goal. In offline donations, $4048 was raised (including pledges made at Gaura Purnima festival), bringing total Laxmi collection for new temple to $6548.
On behalf of Team ISV, we thank all participating devotees, all team leaders & MotelGita devotees, the ISV fund-raising team and all donors who contributed to this MSF and to the new temple fund.
MSF of Humility and Harmony ki Jay!
Yours in service,
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Giriraj SwamiIn 1974, almost exactly forty y...
- By Lalitanatha dasa To this day, almost fort...
- By Gunacuda Dasi In his purport to Srimad Bhaga...
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...