By Tripti Madhavi Devi Dasi
Please accept my humble obeisances,
All Glories to Srila Prabhupad, All Glories to Guru & Gauranga
Knowledge Vs Nescience
Eighteen items in culturing knowledge
One result is derived from the culture of knowledge and that a different result is obtained from the culture of nescience.
1) One should become a perfect gentleman and learn to give proper respect to others.
(2) One should not pose himself as a religionist simply for name and fame.
(3) One should not become a source of anxiety to others by the actions of his body, by the thoughts of his mind, or by his words.
(4) One should learn forbearance even in the face of provocation from others.
(5) One should learn to avoid duplicity in his dealings with others.
(6) One should search out a bona fide spiritual master who can lead him gradually to the stage of spiritual realization, and one must submit himself to such a spiritual master, render him service and ask relevant questions.
(7) In order to approach the platform of self-realization, one must follow the regulative principles enjoined in the revealed scriptures.
(8) One must be fixed in the tenets of the revealed scriptures.
(9) One should completely refrain from practices which are detrimental to the interest of self-realization.
(10) One should not accept more than he requires for the maintenance of the body.
(11) One should not falsely identify himself with the gross material body, nor should one consider those who are related to his body to be his own.
(12) One should always remember that as long as he has a material body he must face the miseries of repeated birth, old age, disease and death. There is no use in making plans to get rid of these miseries of the material body. The best course is to find out the means by which one may regain his spiritual identity.
(13) One should not be attached to more than the necessities of life required for spiritual advancement.
(14) One should not be more attached to wife, children and home than the revealed scriptures ordain.
(15) One should not be happy or distressed over desirables and undesirables, knowing that such feelings are just created by the mind.
(16) One should become an unalloyed devotee of the Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, and serve Him with rapt attention.
(17) One should develop a liking for residence in a secluded place with a calm and quiet atmosphere favorable for spiritual culture, and one should avoid congested places where nondevotees congregate.
(18) One should become a scientist or philosopher and conduct research into spiritual knowledge, recognizing that spiritual knowledge is permanent whereas material knowledge ends with the death of the body.
The study of Sad Darshana is done by the one in the mode of Nescience.
1. Gautama -stated that the atom is the cause of the material world
2. Kanada - stated that the atom is the cause of the material world
3. Kapila -rejected the true purport of the Vedas and declared that material nature is the cause of the material world.
4. Patanjali -established their imaginary God to be the Absolute Truth, based on their Yoga-sastras.
5. Jaimini - Rejected devotional service, which is the purport of the Vedas, and made the Supreme Lord subordinate to karma
6. Astavakra -said that the impersonal Brahman is the cause of the material world.
1. Sankhya â€“ Sankhya explains the evolution of natural elements from subtle to gross
2. Yoga - Patanjaliâ€™s yoga describes the eightfold method of meditation
3. Nyaya - Nyaya sets forth the techniques of logic
4. Vaisesika - Vaisesika considers the basic metaphysical categories of reality.
5. Mimamsa - Mimamsa establishes the standard tools of scriptural interpretation
6. Astavakra â€“ Tried to established
the impersonal effulgence (brahmajyoti) as the Supreme.
Including the Vedanta Sutra of Sankaracharya is not free of errors
All these acaryas rejected the Supreme Lord, who is supported by the Vedas, and they established their own idea of God
Vedanta - Vedanta of Badarayana Vyasa is free of error
Many sages and saints have done a research and then finally concluded that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead
Authorised Addition, Subtraction and Comments are Welcomed
Vancha kalpa tarubhyascha, krupa sindhubhya eva cha, patitanam pavanebhyo, vaishnavebhyo namo namaha.
Please include me in your prayers and bless me, so that I never forget the holy name and always see things in the mood of Pure Bhakti.
Praying to be a humble menial servant of the servant of the servant of pure Vaisnavas,
Tripti Madhavi Devi Dasi
Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare and Be Happy