End of an Era? An Opportunity!!!
Adiguru dasa: Citing IMF (International Monetary Fund) forecasts, WSJ (Wall Street Journal) predicts that China’s economy will surpass that of US in 2016. Some other trade analysts concur that this can occur much sooner than 2016. They say that this may occur by 2014. Often times the rise and fall of America has been compared to the rise and fall of British Empire. Just 10 years ago, according to Brett Arend, US’s economy was 3 times the size of Chinese economy. In another 5 years, US economy will become the second largest economy and in another 10 years it may become half of Chinese economy. According to some trade reports, by 2030, India will overtake China as the world’s largest economy.
US will still remain a sought-after country for investments, but not the only destination for all direct investment. This will make credit more expensive for Americans if free market policies drive the economy. We may even see an Asian Currency as the leading currency of the world.
This is the first time since 1890, that America will not be the leading economic super-power. Interest rates will increase and credit will be expensive. Expensive credit will necessitate many changes in American society. In all probability, we can expect changes in the thinking pattern of people.
How does this augur for our Krishna consciousness movement in US? I feel, this will be a great opportunity to present Krishna consciousness to common mass of people. We can hope to get a more eager reception to our message. More and more people may look for spiritual answers and life-style alternatives. We may have to very carefully draft our messages so that we can make more and more people Krishna conscious.
Your servant Adiguru dasa
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...