Sadaputa’s Archives: Letters from Nobel Prize Winners
By Sthita-dhi-muni dasa
A few months back Krishna Kripa Prabhu and myself posted a short biographical essay of Sadaputa Prabhu (Richard L. Thompson) on Dandavats. com based on our research here in Alachua with Sadaputa’s archival materials. Since then, we have found copies of the original signed letters of appreciation featured on the back cover of the BBT’s Mechanistic and Nonmechanistic Science (1981), from the two Nobel Prize winners in Physics, Eugene Wigner (1963) and Brian Josephson (1973). Perhaps our readers here and elsewhere might be interested to view copies of the documents suggesting a notable level of professional appreciation for both the quality of Sadaputa Prabhu’s work, and in especially in this case, with reference to his presentation on modern science and Vaisnava philosophy.
We have quite a variety of letters and documents from well established scientists, academics, and scientific institutions that reflect well on Richard L. Thompson as a practicing scientist. In fact, based on his reading of Mechanistic and Nonmechanistic Science, Brian Josephson invited Sadaputa to spend a year with him at the prestigious Cavendish Laboratory at the Cambridge University Department of Physics. Along with copies of exchanges between Josephson and Thompson, we have additional items such as a bulletin from the Cavendish “Theory of Condensed Matter” group on a presentation in the “TCM Seminar Room” featuring Thompson speaking on the topic, “Physics and the Effort to Formulate a Universal World-View.” We plan to make these and similar documents available on a memorial website library dedicated to Sadaputa’s work.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...