Karmic Relief :-)
John M. Crowther: Venice Beach in California is a year-round carnival. I once had my studio there, a loft space on the main drag, just steps from the boardwalk, and it was like perpetually being on a midway. One of the memorable events each Springtime is the Hare Krishna Parade of the Elephants, the lead-in to a colorful festival along the oceanfront. I’ve always cried at parades for some reason unknown to me, and this one I find particularly moving, with the hordes of faithful in their saffron robes walking along together swaying slightly, looking blissful as they chant to the accompaniment of ching ching from their finger cymbals. There’s something delightfully sturring and wonderful about the festival, the floats, the food booths with savory eastern treats, book stalls, incense wafting on the sea breeze. The exotic meets the tawdry.
Taken from here
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...