Karmic Relief :-)
John M. Crowther: Venice Beach in California is a year-round carnival. I once had my studio there, a loft space on the main drag, just steps from the boardwalk, and it was like perpetually being on a midway. One of the memorable events each Springtime is the Hare Krishna Parade of the Elephants, the lead-in to a colorful festival along the oceanfront. I’ve always cried at parades for some reason unknown to me, and this one I find particularly moving, with the hordes of faithful in their saffron robes walking along together swaying slightly, looking blissful as they chant to the accompaniment of ching ching from their finger cymbals. There’s something delightfully sturring and wonderful about the festival, the floats, the food booths with savory eastern treats, book stalls, incense wafting on the sea breeze. The exotic meets the tawdry.
Taken from here
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Giriraj SwamiSaturday night we performed har...
- By Nitya-priya Devi DasiSrila Prabhupada envisi...
- By E. BondarThe way we answer this question wil...
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...