3 Rathayatra in 3 days
By Parasuram das
Borehamwood Carnival 18 June 2011
Crawley Rathayatra 19 June 2011
Stonehenge Rathayatra 20 June 2011
The Hare Krishna won the first prize again in the carnival – and as everyone knows it’s not the participation that counts. For devotees from around the world reading this article and thinking we couldn’t do this, we don’t have big temples. Please take note that there are no temple ashram devotees at the carnival. Very seldom do we have temple ashram devotees coming to these events or on our Saturday night Hari Namas. If you can get the congregation together you have a powerful army.
This Rathayatra is a perfect example of a nama hatta group “walking the talk”. Everything is organised by the local devotees. The permission, the prasad and the stage program, the logistics, stewards, the media and advertising. We cook the prasad and bring the cart and Deities. All glories to the Crawley devotees they will surely get Srila Prabhupada’s mercy.
Stonehenge Midnight Rathayatra
It doesn’t get any better than this. Summer Solstice festival – we were the only group invited to this festival by the “English Heritage Foundation”. So as we entered the site the police stopped us and to my surprise they directed the van away from the general traffic and right up to the best location. Then with 20,000 people in the dark, a real problem for security – yet they opened all the barriers and Lord Jaganath rode right up to the stones.
Hare Krishna mixed with Pagans
Pagans mixed with druids
Legal highs and class A’s mixed
With alcoholic fluids
Drumming circles mixed with chanting
All types of spiritual seekers
Heard Hare Krishna Hare Rama
Come wafting through our speakers
As reds and golden yellow mixed
With pink in the dawn sky
Philosophers and hedonists
Unite in asking why
Everyone saw Jaganath
His cart was brightly lit
Someone said I’m seeing things
I think it’s time to quit
Poem by Mahamantra
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...