Introducing Gopal Soft Toys
Hrimati dasi: We are a family-run service that supports Vaisnava education and cow protection. http://www.gopalsofttoys.com/
Back in 1998 my dear friend, the late Maharani devi dasi, gave me a pattern for a Krishna doll she had made for my son Japa, when he was only 6-years-old. Japa used to sleep with his little Krishna doll every night and especially liked the sound of His ankle bells. If he didn’t hear the sound of the bells, he would call out in his sleep “Krishna, Krishna, where are you?” With Maharani Mataji’s blessings, I started Gopal Soft Toys in 1999. I wanted to introduce Krishna, in my own way, to devotee children all over the world, so that they could also make Krishna their dearmost friend.
From our humble beginnings when we lived and operated out of a bamboo hut with a single cow in a small barn next to it, we have now expanded for the sake of Gopal Soft Toys production and our cows. We have built a small house, another bigger bamboo hut, and a bigger barn. We are now maintaining two oxen, 3 milking cows, and 3 calves.
We hope that our toys will introduce children all over the world to an early love for their dearmost friend, Krishna, through the sweetest of His pastimes – play.
Srila Prabhupada: “… In my childhood I imitated my father. He was worshiping Deity of Krishna. So I asked him, “My dear father, I shall worship. Give me the Deity of Krishna.” So he gave me a little Deity of Krishna and Radha and I was imitating. So beginning of life… So these are actually facts. Maharaja Pariksit also, he was playing with Krishna, Krishna dolls. Just like Mirabhai. She was playing with Krishna doll and later on she became a very high-grade devotee. So these chances are there.”
“From his very birth, Uddhava was a natural devotee of Lord Krsna, or a nitya-siddha, a liberated soul. From natural instinct he used to serve Lord Krsna, even in his childhood. He used to play with dolls in the form of Krsna, he would serve the dolls by dressing, feeding and worshiping them, and thus he was constantly absorbed in the play of transcendental realization.”
Srimad Bhagavatam 3.2.2
Your humble servant, Hrimati dasi http://www.gopalsofttoys.com/
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Madhavananda Das Everyday, ISKCON devotees a...
- By Bhajahari das Due to Tribhuvanatha's prabh...
- By Arjuna Krsna das Both Rama Laksman prabhu, D...
- By Nanda Kishor dasISKCON’s Bhakti Yoga Society...
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...