Giriraja Swami: Once, in Allahabad, at the Kumbha-mela, a dispute took place between two devotees on this very same point.
One devotee, Madhudvisa Prabhu, said, “There is no difference between Krsna and Balarama. The only difference is that Krsna is blackish and Balarama is whitish.”
But Mother Yamuna disagreed. “No,” she held. “There is another difference, because Krsna is the only enjoyer of Srimati Radharani.”
So the two were arguing, and His Holiness Tamal Krishna Goswami, who was Srila Prabhupada’s zonal secretary for India then, brought the matter to Srila Prabhupada.
He began, “Srila Prabhupada, Madhudvisa Prabhu says that the only difference between Krsna and Balarama is the color, Krsna is blackish and Balarama is white.”
Srila Prabhupada replied, “He is right.”
Then Tamal Krishna Goswami continued, “But Mother Yamuna is saying that there is another difference, because Krsna is the only enjoyer of Srimati Radharani.”
And Srila Prabhupada responded, “She is right.”
Then Tamal Krishna Goswami offered, “Srila Prabhupada, they are saying different things. They both cannot be right.”
And Srila Prabhupada replied, “You are right.”
Then Tamal Krishna Goswami asked, “Then, which is right?”
Srila Prabhupada answered, “You decide.”
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...