What Can I Give You In Return, O Krsna ?
Gautam Saha: O Krsna, what is Your heavenly pastime ?
In Vaikuntha, how do You perform activities sublime ?
When do You work, when do You enjoy leisure ?
When do You rest or enact activities of pleasure ?
To provide every creature his daily food, You never forget
O Vishnu, You ensure that everyone’s material needs are fully met
Be it an ant, a whale, or any other being of material creation
Each and every one is looked after by Your grace and disposition
Whereas every creature has assumed a material body due to past karma
Your body is spiritual, O Narayan, because you are beyond kaal and karma
Kaal and karma are both under the supreme control of Your holy writ
You are the master and last refuge of both matter and spirit
You had descended to earth, O Krsna, O supreme Lord and Master
By Your own internal potencies, of the various devtas the only Controller
Though at such times, You occasionally assume a human form
To give Your devotees pleasure, wonderful pastimes You do perform
Wherever and whenever there is a decline in religiosity, O Lord
You descend to earth, to deliver the pious, O supreme God
To annihilate the miscreants, the sudarshan chakra You do empower
To bless and protect Your devotees, You carry a conch and a lotus flower
Me and my measly activity are all under the spell of material nature
Where do I stand in comparison with even one of your heavenly feature ?
Whereas everyday, you care for the trillions of creatures in this macrocosm
How many do I care for, even if, beside myself, I do think of any other living form
Please let me offer you a small and simple bit of food
So that in this world of sin and discord, I can do my bit of good
This little service can never equal Yours in love or generosity
Nor in any way come close to Your eternal spiritual potency
Please let me wash away my mediocre thoughts and inanity
By connecting with You, O Krishna, in love and service, with humility
In proximity to Your Holy Name and timeless opulence
So that, in this life, I can rise above my inane presence
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...