His Grace Gopiparanadhana Prabhu
By The GBC Executive Committee
Please accept our humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
It was with great sadness that we heard of the tragic passing away of His Grace Gopiparanadhana Prabhu.
He was a leading disciple of Srila Prabhupada who served him faithfully since joining ISKCON in the early 1970’s. Whatever service he did in Srila Prabhupada’s movement he gave his whole heart to, although he is best known for his translating and commenting on different Vedic scriptures following in the footsteps of his Guru Maharaja.
His knowledge of sastra and his devotion to Srila Prabhupada are clearly evident in the service he has done for the BBT, particularly in the work he did on presenting Srila Sanatana Goswami’s Brhad Bhagavatamrita as well as his contribution to the completing of Srimad Bhagavatam. These, and the other books he worked on, are a great legacy he has left behind him through which his memory will last in the hearts of the followers of Srila Prabhupada for many years.
We note that he passed away in the holy land of Sri Vrindavana Dhama, next to Govardhana Hill, one of the foremost pastime places of Lord Krishna and Srimati Radharani, while spending a few days there in between important preaching engagements. Even though we are feeling very deeply the great loss of his association, we still have no doubt that he has returned to Goloka Vrindavana to engage further there in the service of His Divine Grace.
The GBC Executive Committee, Hrdaya Caitanya das Bhakti Caitanya Swami Tamohara das
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By E. BondarThe way we answer this question wil...
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...
- By Niranjana Swami My name is Omvati Devi Dasi,...
- By Harideva Dasa “So at the time of death… Of c...