Southall Ratha Yatra
Parasuram das: Southall is a suburb of London. It has a huge Asian community and is often compared to Bombay. They even accept Rupees as payment in some places (pubs, restaurants). While I was driving on the M25 motorway I saw a sign warning the drivers that there was an event in Southall and that traffic would be disrupted, I was wondering who was disturbing the traffic as we were in a hurry to get there, then I realised it was us! Rathayatra in Southall is a massive event. All the Asian groups get involved and every few metres there is some group distributing samosas or fruits etc.. in fact its the only place in the world where you can get Maha Prasad cans of pepsi cola and Quavers crisps :)
A lot of dignitaries, the ambassadors of South Africa, Mauritius, India and Fiji, came to the event. Of course we had Mahavishnu Swami leading the chanting.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vyasmuni DasToday on 25th October 2014 at 5:...
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...