Southall Ratha Yatra
Parasuram das: Southall is a suburb of London. It has a huge Asian community and is often compared to Bombay. They even accept Rupees as payment in some places (pubs, restaurants). While I was driving on the M25 motorway I saw a sign warning the drivers that there was an event in Southall and that traffic would be disrupted, I was wondering who was disturbing the traffic as we were in a hurry to get there, then I realised it was us! Rathayatra in Southall is a massive event. All the Asian groups get involved and every few metres there is some group distributing samosas or fruits etc.. in fact its the only place in the world where you can get Maha Prasad cans of pepsi cola and Quavers crisps :)
A lot of dignitaries, the ambassadors of South Africa, Mauritius, India and Fiji, came to the event. Of course we had Mahavishnu Swami leading the chanting.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...