Dr. Demian Martins:
Dr. Demian Martins
The Vidyabhusana Project has been launched to collect, preserve and translate the works of Sri Baladeva Vidyabhusana, to whom Srila Prabhupada dedicated his Bhagavad-gita As It Is. The intellectual genius of Sri Vidyabhusana is equal in all respects to that of Sri Jiva Gosvami, Sri Ramanuja Acarya, Sri Vedanta Desika or any of the greatest philosophers, and it is most unfortunate that even among vaisnava circles his works do not yet occupy the exalted position they deserve. He not only left an outstanding philosophical legacy, but also important works on grammar, poetics, literature, prosody and dramaturgy.
Almost 250 years have passed since Sri Vidyabhusana departed from this world, and only a few serious attempts have been made to preserve his works. In the first half of the last century, with great hardship Haridas das Babaji from Navadvip and Krishnadas Babaji from Radhakunda collected manuscripts from all over India and managed to publish a good number of them. Their books, however, were distributed in limited numbers and locations and have long been out of print. Several manuscripts have never been published, while others are supposedly lost. It is the proper time to excavate and collect whatever remains so that this priceless asset of the Gaudiya sampradaya can be preserved and made easily accessible.
The Vidyabhusana Project has the following primary objectives:
1. Search for lost manuscripts. (Such as the commentaries on nine Upanisads, Srimad Bhagavatam, etc.)
2. Digitally preserve manuscripts currently existing in different libraries.
3. Digitally preserve all editions of Vidyabhusana’s books.
4. Digitally preserve articles written about Vidyabhusana.
5. Type all the original texts in digital unicode system, which can be converted into Devanagari, Bengali and Oriyan characters.
6. Prepare a critical edition for each work.
7. Publish all material online (with permission if copywrited).
8. Translate all the works into English.
9. Publish all translations with the original Devanagari text.
10. Investigate and verify existent biographical data of Vidyabhusana, including historical evidences of the conflict between the Gaudiyas and the Ramanandis of Rajasthan.
11. Publish a comprehensive biographical work.
The following institutions and individuals are kindly cooperating to achieve the objectives of the project:
· Sanskrit Faculty, Benares Hindu University
· Matsya Avatara dasa, Bhagavata Vidyapitha
· Vrindavan Research Institute
· Sri Krishna Gopalananda Gosvami, Mahanta of Sri Sri Radha-Syamasundara Temple, the home of Vidyabhusana in Vrindavan
· Gaudiya Grantha Mandira
· Jiva Institute, Vrindavan
· Syamananda Sanskrit College, Vrindavan
At present, the English translation of two books have been prepared:
1. Siddhanta-darpana: A treatise written by Vidyabhusana that establishes the Srimad Bhagavatam as the sound incarnation of the Lord and refutes several objections against its authenticity.
2. Chandah-kaustubha: A book written by Radha-Damodara Gosvami and commented by Vidyabhusana in which 264 different poetic meters are described and exemplified. It will soon be published by Chaukhamba Sanskrit Samsthan, India’s largest publisher of traditional
We invite and welcome anyone who wishes to help in any capacity to attain our objectives. We particularly request assistance in the following ways:
1. Contacting libraries and research institutes in India and abroad.
2. Locating and acquiring texts.
3. Typing devanagari and Bengali texts in transliterated Roman script.
4. Proofreading transliterated texts.
5. Website development and maintanence.
6. Editing and publishing.
7. Financial support for meeting travel and accomodation expenses.
While the official website is under construction, the collected material and the project updates will be temporarily hosted at http://vidyabhusanaproject.
To enquire, donate or provide assistance in any capacity, please contact Dr. Demian Martins on <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhajahari das Due to Tribhuvanatha's prabh...
- By Arjuna Krsna das Both Rama Laksman prabhu, D...
- By Nanda Kishor dasISKCON’s Bhakti Yoga Society...
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...
- By Shyam Sunder Priya DasIt was like any other...