Comments Posted By Babaji
Displaying 1 To 3 Of 3 Comments
“Prabhupada: In, actually, in Bengal, Bengal has lost its original culture. In other provinces the brahmana class, they are keeping very strictly the original culture. Even a brahmana would not accept foodstuff prepared by his wife, because woman is considered sudra. The woman, when she becomes the wife of a brahmana, then she is called brahmani, but she’s not offered brahminical culture. She remains as sudra. So therefore a strict brahmana does not accept foodstuff prepared by his wife. Still there are in U.P. The wife will arrange for cooking, and he’ll sit down and cook dal, capatis. Then he will eat, and whatever remains, that is there, that will be taken by her. But he will not take foodstuff cooked by his even wife.” Room Conversation–August 2, 1976, New Mayapur (French farm)
» Posted By Babaji On Aug 14, 2006 @ 4:40 pm
Atmarama is not correct it is not that chanting on fingers is more pure than chanting on beads, it is just another way of counting. But it is usually for smaller number of things. Like doing gayatri japa for instance. Nama-acarya, that is the Acarya of how to chant the holy name, Hari dasa Thakura chanted on beads, not his fingers.
I have used a clicker, it is a must when driving. But nothing beats chanting on Tulsi beads. Simply by touching Tulsi one makes advancment what to speak of chant the Holy name.
» Posted By Babaji On Aug 7, 2006 @ 2:56 pm
«« Back To Stats Page
Finally a voice of reason. How refreshingly different from Malati dasi.
» Posted By Babaji On Jul 26, 2006 @ 6:50 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Giriraj SwamiSaturday night we performed har...
- By Nitya-priya Devi DasiSrila Prabhupada envisi...
- By E. BondarThe way we answer this question wil...
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...