Comments Posted By Bhakta Justin
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
This is perhaps my favorite type of preaching, it’s very intriguing. Some “scholars” would have you believe that the Surya Siddhanta was copied from the Greeks, and that the Puranic account represents the earlier mythological description. This is all part of their Aryan invasion theory. It actually happened the other way around. The siddhantas were an integral part of the Vedic tradition, the Bhagavatam and other Puranas describe the subtle realms beyond gross sense perception. The Greeks actually got their astronomy from the Vedas. And it would seem that modern cosmology is a rediscovery of Vedic concepts like heliocentric theory and bindu sphota. Hare Krishna!
» Posted By Bhakta Justin On Dec 28, 2011 @ 6:21 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...
- By Indian Media Nineteen ISKCON devotees were i...
- By Gaurangi Devi DasiThe Padayatra Ministry is ...
- By Vrndavana Vinodini Devi DasiHearing good new...
- By Ramlakshman Das 20 devotees registered for t...
- By Madhavananda Das Everyday, ISKCON devotees a...