Comments Posted By Chakra dasa
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Wow – what a rant! Who is the intended audience? I don’t even know where to begin to critique this exposition other than to say that whatever valuable points are being attempted are lost a rather extreme and exaggerated view of ‘political correctness’. Freedom of religious expression, the outlawing of discrimination on the basis of gender, race, creed etc benefit all citizens of contemporary western societies.
Indeed, all ideologies are totalitarian because the essence of an ideology… is to take some philosophy and say on the basis of this philosophy certain things must be true – such as the whole of the history of our culture is the history of the oppression of women.
From an outsider’s perspective, ISKCON could be construed as a totalitarian ideology by this definition: “on the basis of this philosophy certain things must be true”.
ISKCON should play to its strengths and preach the philosophy of Krishna Consciousness rather than engage in poorly argued attack articles like these, which remind me of some of the more extreme right wing political blogs.
» Posted By Chakra dasa On Apr 5, 2011 @ 5:13 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...