Comments Posted By Chakra dasa
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Wow – what a rant! Who is the intended audience? I don’t even know where to begin to critique this exposition other than to say that whatever valuable points are being attempted are lost a rather extreme and exaggerated view of ‘political correctness’. Freedom of religious expression, the outlawing of discrimination on the basis of gender, race, creed etc benefit all citizens of contemporary western societies.
Indeed, all ideologies are totalitarian because the essence of an ideology… is to take some philosophy and say on the basis of this philosophy certain things must be true – such as the whole of the history of our culture is the history of the oppression of women.
From an outsider’s perspective, ISKCON could be construed as a totalitarian ideology by this definition: “on the basis of this philosophy certain things must be true”.
ISKCON should play to its strengths and preach the philosophy of Krishna Consciousness rather than engage in poorly argued attack articles like these, which remind me of some of the more extreme right wing political blogs.
» Posted By Chakra dasa On Apr 5, 2011 @ 5:13 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vyasmuni DasToday on 25th October 2014 at 5:...
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...