Comments Posted By DamanaKrishna9
Displaying 1 To 8 Of 8 Comments
For me this letter doesnt change the respect I have for Prabhavishnu Swami. It is sad that ISKCON concentrated too much on making sanyasis instead to incourage grihastha gurus. I hope to see Prabhavishnu Swami in future again as a active leader of ISKCON as he is really a shinning star amongst Srila Prabhupada disciples.
» Posted By DamanaKrishna9 On Jan 9, 2012 @ 4:37 pm
I think there should be balance. We should not discourage devotees to chant more. I had personal expirences in ISKCON that devotees discouraged devotees without proper reason particular devotees who chanted more. This devotees did even more service then those who were chanting “the standard 16 rounds” and even had time to read unlike those who chanted 16 rounds. But there is no need to take external position of babaji or whatever for the sake of name, fame, glory. One can live simple devotional life and chant all the time. To chant more doesnt depend on some material situation.
» Posted By DamanaKrishna9 On Nov 27, 2011 @ 8:36 am
Interesting points in comments.
– But Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu clearly showed his non acceptance of mayavadis, he rejected Damodara Pandit associating with mayavadis. Different is to preach to mayavadis or bring them to higher platform by giving them direct KC service. This engagement needs really careful and pure attempt. That may be the intention of Maharaja. I feel the minimum requirement would be to show superiority of monotheism over impersonalism and some more clear stamements especially as Maharaja is so great that he is influencing so many souls. Its great to read and I really liked that book but maybe philosophically little unclear. Many people who read his book may become inspired also to join a group of impersonalists he is mentioning. Or they may think SP just another of all this teachers.
– To the point of Priyavrata Pr. that ISKCON would not fail it is only because of concern and sincere desire to keep ISKCON in proper path. If we see ISKCON had many times been on the border of diviation and has been saved by pure attempt. So we should be always grateful for any attempt to keep it pure and on proper path. I appreaciate Bhakti Vikas Maharaja’s attempt but it could be also more privat.
– Its really sad that you almost can not eat at so many Govindas or temples in ISKCON because of simply the cooks are not qualified. Its just collection of money by cheap labor.
– The Midday prasadam distribution should take to heart and try to implement more and more direct preaching to its activities instead of all excuses.
Damana Krishna das
» Posted By DamanaKrishna9 On Oct 25, 2011 @ 10:13 pm
Great souls are leaving. This world is becoming empty. The degradation is increasing day by day and we devotees are getting confused about the real form of Bhakti. A great lost, who will guide us after the great souls depart.
» Posted By DamanaKrishna9 On Sep 15, 2011 @ 11:11 pm
I think that the awareness of how to follow the prescribed garbhodhana samskara could be for sure improved as to time you come to devotee communities where they are not even aware something like this exists. The children will definitely show our hidden anarthas and also lack of love as you said, we still put so much preference to external renounciation in the name of social position. To get imidge infront of brahmancaris we may not give importance to our children etc. I dont see that children have to get in contact with cinema and other material things but rather we have to give them KC alternatives which they can enjoy even better.
» Posted By DamanaKrishna9 On Jun 7, 2011 @ 5:11 am
My dear Bh. Demian. Great poetry which is befitting our great Acarya Srila Prabhupada. Thank you for this and also all the text which was very instructive on this system of vedic poetry.
» Posted By DamanaKrishna9 On May 12, 2011 @ 5:54 pm
My dear friend Bh. Demian, thank you for this wonderful poetry which is befitting our great Acarya Srila Prabhupada. It was very instructive to read about this system of vedic poetry.
» Posted By DamanaKrishna9 On May 12, 2011 @ 5:53 pm
«« Back To Stats Page
Srila Prabhupada definitely asked devotees to wear tilak and wear sikhas. This seems not so be so much of habit. In the name of protecting siddhanta serious aparadhas can be done by neophyte devotees. It was very sad to read such statements.Thank you Varun for bringing up this topic, although luckily I never had heard such statements myself. My Krishna help to those souls.
» Posted By DamanaKrishna9 On Nov 22, 2010 @ 11:28 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vyasmuni DasToday on 25th October 2014 at 5:...
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...