Comments Posted By Deena Bandhu dasa
Displaying 1 To 5 Of 5 Comments
Recruitment Policies for residing in the asrama:
1. Must be a graduate, must be between 25 to 30 years old, must have good health (with doctors’ reports), accommodating temperament.
2. Must accept teachings of RK and V – study at home – will have to pass an examination (in English) on the teachings.
3. Join local center on a pre-probation basis for one year – tested to be self-motivated and self-responsible.
4. Thorough health examination (medical-check up) with with RK mission doctors.
5. Sent to General Secretary at Headquarters, Belurmath as probationer for three years for study, training in seva and temple services.
6. Two years rigorous leadership training.
7. Takes formal vows (initiation) as brahmacari – name change on V’s birthday.
8. Posted to a center (no choice) by General Secretary. Each center has a
maximum quota, eg. Delhi has a quota of 10 brahmacaris. Their services are
overseeing the new recruits, temple altar services, counselling
congregation, preaching, etc. They are not involved in general management
9. After serving for the next four years, a brahmacari may apply to the President for entering into the sannyasa asrama.
10. On approval, he takes sannyasa vows on RK’s birthday and must associate with senior sannyasis at Belurmath for two years.
11. He is then posted to serve as an Assistant-Secretary at a center.
Falldown from the sannyasa asrama: Sent to Himalayas to perform tapasya as determined by the Board of Trustees – then accepted as part of the congregation. If he does not accept the decision of the Board of Trustees, then he is excommunicated from RK Mission society. This type of decision is sent to all centers to be placed on notice boards.
» Posted By Deena Bandhu Dasa On Jan 19, 2012 @ 4:54 am
Since it is very common in these situations that the blame is put on having too much responsibility, it’s again time to review having two separate divisions of spiritual authority and managerial authority with no mixing the two.
Bhakti Brhat Bhagwat Maharaja sent me the following one time:
Srila Prabhupada’s letter to Kirtanananda, 2/11/67:
“I wish that each and every Branch shall keep their independent identity and
cooperate keeping the Acarya in the centre. On this principle we can open
any number of Branches all over the world. The Ramakrishna mission works on
this principle and thus as organization they have done wonderfully.”
[After visiting a RK Math this was his findings]
Line of spiritual authority:
RK is the guru/god for everyone – Board of 18 Sannyasi Trustees (World
Headquarters at Belurmath, Calcutta) – President is Spiritual Head (does not
travel), a sannyasi appointed by Board of Trustees to hold office for two
years, is empowered to give sannyasa and diksa on behalf of RK – assisted by
three Vice-Presidents, who can only give diksa, travel to different centers
for spiritual guidance and initiations.
Line of managerial authority:
Board of 18 Sannyasi Trustees – General Secretary (does not travel), a
sannyasi appointed by Board of Trustees to hold office for two years,
responsible for processing applications and posting of positions in
different centres – four Assistant General Secretaries, sannyasis, travel to
different centers for managerial accountability and monitorship, including
The line of spiritual authority may overide decisions of the line of
managerial authority in consultation with the Board of Trustees. The General
Secretary usually is promoted to become a future Vice-President so that the
spiritual authority has managerial experience, to ensure harmony between
both lines of authority.
The head of a center, a sannyasi, is known as the Secretary. He is assisted
by the congregation in managing the center.
» Posted By Deena Bandhu Dasa On Jan 19, 2012 @ 4:35 am
Very sad to hear this, but wonderful story! I remember these two gorgeous animals from when I was there a couple of years ago.
» Posted By Deena Bandhu Dasa On Dec 17, 2011 @ 10:30 am
Actually Padmanabha Goswami told us that Radharaman did go to Rajasthan when there was danger from the Moguls. But the pujaris themselves took him there and worshiped him with whatever donations they got. They never took shelter of any king or depended on one. So when there was no more danger in Vrindavan, they were not obliged to any king and were free to bring him back to Vrindavan.
» Posted By Deena Bandhu Dasa On May 20, 2011 @ 3:07 pm
«« Back To Stats Page
My dear Devotees,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
Unfortunately now adays in India there are cars that will go over 100 kph, but there is no infrastructure to allow such speeds. This accident occurred early in the morning when no one was on the road, so drivers are tempted to go fast.
Please, please, please, tell your drivers to go slow. Maximum 80 kph. If they don’t understand English, then very firmly tell them “araam se!” We want you to have a pleasant Krishna Conscious stay on your pilgrimage and we want the opportunity to get your association for a long time to come.
In service of Srimati Vrinda Devi,
Deena Bandhu dasa
» Posted By Deena Bandhu dasa On Oct 16, 2006 @ 7:58 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...
- By Indian Media Nineteen ISKCON devotees were i...
- By Gaurangi Devi DasiThe Padayatra Ministry is ...