Comments Posted By Dhirasanta das
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
The issue with DDS is perfectly simple. In the light of the 21st century, to say that it was acceptable to beat children with rods as recently as 1995 is a nonsense.
To say that beating children is somehow “Vedic” is an apology for child abuse, and a reflection that the beater – DDS and his associates have no compassion, no understanding of child psychology and have completely overlooked Srila Prabhupada’s heart of love for children.
To admit that it was a mistake to have allowed DDS to have even a loose role in education after this came to light is laudable. Satyajara’s arguments, veiled in academic language fail to grasp the point that it is never right to beat a child for any reason – no matter how wilful, disobedient or awful that child may be. 152 gurukulis who went through sheer hell are not wrong.
Physical, sexual, psychological and spiritual abuse is the legacy of an inability or unwillingness to impose stringent child protection standards in Vrindabin Broken lives, shattered faith in many ex students and their parents will take a lifetime – or lifetimes to undo.
» Posted By Dhirasanta das On Jul 23, 2006 @ 11:01 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...