Comments Posted By Dhirasanta das
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
The issue with DDS is perfectly simple. In the light of the 21st century, to say that it was acceptable to beat children with rods as recently as 1995 is a nonsense.
To say that beating children is somehow “Vedic” is an apology for child abuse, and a reflection that the beater – DDS and his associates have no compassion, no understanding of child psychology and have completely overlooked Srila Prabhupada’s heart of love for children.
To admit that it was a mistake to have allowed DDS to have even a loose role in education after this came to light is laudable. Satyajara’s arguments, veiled in academic language fail to grasp the point that it is never right to beat a child for any reason – no matter how wilful, disobedient or awful that child may be. 152 gurukulis who went through sheer hell are not wrong.
Physical, sexual, psychological and spiritual abuse is the legacy of an inability or unwillingness to impose stringent child protection standards in Vrindabin Broken lives, shattered faith in many ex students and their parents will take a lifetime – or lifetimes to undo.
» Posted By Dhirasanta das On Jul 23, 2006 @ 11:01 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...
- By Shyam Sunder Priya DasIt was like any other...
- By Iskcon VizagDue to hud hud cyclone our templ...
- By radhanathswami.com “When we do things on a s...
- By Zachary Feder and Khatera Sahibzada In an ag...