Comments Posted By Gangamantri dasa
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Puskaraksa das prabhu has commented in #3 :
“Sri Guru is the external manifestation of the Supersoul… and knows whatever everyone of his disciples does, says or even thinks at any time ! ”
In this conversation with His Holiness Jayadvaita Swami(bramacari at the time), Srila Prabhupada clarifies the perfection of the Acarya. He is not considerered omniscient as God. How Krsna dictates His instructions through the medium of the spiritual master is indeed mystical and as the Supersoul He knows the heart of all. By the grace of Krsna the spiritual master can know the heart of the disciple. It is not a given that the guru knows whatever everyone of his disciples does, says or even thinks at any time. On countless occasions Prabhupada would inquire about the well being of his disciples and was sometimes surprised to hear about their behavior. Other times devotees experienced how Prabhupada seemed to “read their minds” when he would address their unique circumstance with an unsolicited gesture, glance or statement. In a lecture published in the Harmonist(1936), Prabhupada further clarifies the universal application of Sri Guru by stating,”There does not arise any question of discriminating my guru from your’s or anyone else’s. There is only one guru, who appears in an infinity of forms to teach you, me and all others.” Thus Sri Guru is the external manifestation of the Supersoul.
Jayadvaita: Because we see… For instance, sometimes the acarya may seem to forget something or not to know something, so from our point of view, if someone has forgotten, that is…
Prabhupada: No, no, no. Then…
Jayadvaita: …an imperfection.
Prabhupada: That is not the… Then you do not understand. Acarya is not God, omniscient. He is servant of God. His business is to preach bhakti cult. That is acarya.
Jayadvaita: And that is the perfection.
Prabhupada: That is the perfection. Hare Krsna.
Jayadvaita: So we have a misunderstanding about what perfection is?
Prabhupada: Yes. Perfection is here, how he is preaching bhakti cult. That’s all.
» Posted By Gangamantri dasa On Sep 12, 2010 @ 9:14 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Madhavananda Das Everyday, ISKCON devotees a...
- By Bhajahari das Due to Tribhuvanatha's prabh...
- By Arjuna Krsna das Both Rama Laksman prabhu, D...
- By Nanda Kishor dasISKCON’s Bhakti Yoga Society...
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...