Comments Posted By Gopinatha Acarya Das
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
I’m sorry I did not read your article fully, but felt inpelled to share an experience (from memory) of hearing a lecture that His Divine Grace delivered in Sri Mayapur Dhama either in 1976 or 1977 during the annual Gaura Purnima festival.
My Godbrothers who were present would no doubt remember that lecture and I stand to be corrected on the details.
I cannot remember anything of the content or context of the class, but at one point (not too far into the lecture) Srila Prabhupada thanked all the devotees for coming to the festival and participating in Lord Caitanya’s movement.
(Paraphrasing from memory) he said “You are all young, you have your whole life ahead of you to become Krsna conscious. I am an old man, I am not so fortunate. My notice is already there.
Finish up your business, become Krsna conscious in this one life and go back home, back to Godhead. Kali Yuga will become more and more terrible. There will be great suffering. Don’t come back.”
At that point His Divine Grace could no longer speak and tears were in his eyes.
After a silence, His Grace Hamsadutta Prabhu began leading a kirtana, His Divine Grace rose from the Vyasasana, and, to the accompanyment of his beloved disciples, circumnambulated the Deities within the Temple room and went back to his quarters.
Gopinatha Acarya Das
» Posted By Gopinatha Acarya Das On Nov 3, 2011 @ 6:59 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...