Comments Posted By Harshad
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
Actually incidents related to bulls have also occured previously in our own sampradaya.
Sri Jayatirtha, the disciple of Sri Aksobhya and an acarya in our sampradaya was supposed to be born as a bull in the previous life. This bull travelled with Sripad Madhvacarya carrying his library.When some disciples approached Sri Ananda Teertha to seek the privilege of writing commentaries on his works he told them it would not be any of them but the bull that would get the privilege. This resulted in jealousy amongst some of the disciples and the bull being cursed by them to die of snakebite.
In his next life, he took birth as Dhondupant . When young Dhondupant was crossing the Bheema River once on a horseback he bent down without dismounting or even stopping the horse and drank water directly from the river. Sri Akshobhya Teertha, a direct disciple of Sri Madhvacarya who happened to witness the event asked him in Sanskrit “kim pashuh purva-dehe?” meaning “Did you have an animal’s body previously?”. This triggered the memory of his previous birth within young Dhondupant and reminded him of his duties to Sri Madhvacarya. He was overcome by a desire to renounce material life and devote his life to the services of his master. Sri Akshobhya Teertha then initiated him in to Sanyasa.
Transcendental bulls ki jaya !!!
» Posted By Harshad On Nov 13, 2006 @ 1:30 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...