Comments Posted By Hrdayananda das Goswami
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Srila Prabhupada several times authorized remarriage for women that lost their husbands for various reasons. There are serious issues regarding the
purity of certain Sanskrit texts. For example, the six Goswamis at times quote, in their books, verses from Puranas, Samhitas etc, and we no longer
find those verses in the texts today. So even in the last few hundred years, those texts have been corrupted.
Similarly, Sripada Madhvacarya wrote a book on the Mahabharata, the Mahabharata-tatparya-nirnaya, in which he explains that the Sanskrit text of
the Mahabharata, available to him almost a millenium ago, is full of text corruptions: interpolations, extrapolations, and transpositions of texts.
Fortunately, our important scriptures: Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-bhagavatam, and Caitanya-Caritamrta, are pure and intact. But texts such as Manu-samhita
may not be so.
Ultimately, we have the great commandment:
smartavyah satatam visnur vismartavyo na jatucit
sarve vidhi-nisehah syuh etayor eva kinkarah
“Always remember Krishna! Never forget Krishna!
All injunctions and prohibitions are servants of these two.”
Srila Prabhupada perfectly demonstrated this pure understanding in his practical dealings, such as remarrying certain women who lost husbands.
» Posted By Hrdayananda das Goswami On Nov 27, 2006 @ 6:22 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...