Comments Posted By Jagarini dd
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Thank you, Phalini dd, for this nice article and for inspiring this discussion. The title, “Constant Practice and Detachment”, applies to all devotional service. Controlling the tongue (urge to argue), sacrifice, patience, determination, and prayer, is thoughtful advice to help sustain a Krsna Conscious marriage for BOTH husband and wife.
As Akruranatha prabhu mentioned, it is necessary that the husband shares equally in the responsibility to create a safe, peaceful environment where the Goddess of fortune resides. Communication and respect are essential. In the best devotee marriages I know, the couples are sensitive to each others feelings and value each others opinions. For these couples I can’t imagine “yelling” ever becoming a temptation. A mere look of disappointment is sufficient to induce a resolution. If a couple cares about and respects each other, they will want to please each other. If not, why be together?
I wanted to be married to share a life in devotional service to Srila Prabhupada with a companion, a best friend. Someone I could trust. I find it very depressing that the discussions regarding marriage in our society of devotees usually digress to discussions about domestic violence. And to make it worse, there are always a few devotees that endorse (or minimize) it on some level. I don’t understand it. Srila Prabhupada would NEVER condone devotees physically hurting each other. He taught us to never cause distress to any living entity.
» Posted By Jagarini dd On Nov 11, 2006 @ 2:47 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...