Comments Posted By Janak Rajani
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Hare Krsna mataji,
Thank you for writing such a vivid description some of the serious issues that are quickly escalating out of control in Sri Vrindavana dhama.
As we have introduced to Vrindavana by Srila Prabhupada’s mercy – through his beautiful Iskcon movement, we as members of Iskcon are therefore responsible for being more conscious of our activities and habits whilst in the dhama, and stopping the blatant disregard for the cows and brahmanas which goes on (especially to accomodate the numerous Westerners who now frequent Vrindavana). I agree – we have to be practical (using only cloth bags, etc), be vocal (speaking to shop-keepers, etc) and be thoughtful (by starting educational programmes or propaganda for the future generations of Brijbasis who live there, or Iskcon devotees who will visit there). Our cheap, fast, plastic-fantastic culture is most definitely the plague of our modern society.
Although I am not part of the creation of this Holy Dhama and I am not part of the maintenance of this Holy Dhama, my only prayer is that I am not part of it’s destruction. As Westerners, we certainly have a lot more to think about whenever we visit such places – for the cows, brahamanas, for Srila Prabhupada, for all the future generations of devotees – we cannot afford to simply go there as tourists.
» Posted By Janak Rajani On Jan 23, 2007 @ 1:25 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...