Comments Posted By JaySriRadhe108
Displaying 1 To 3 Of 3 Comments
Secret of the Scriptures
1. The scriptures like Bhagavatam and other Puranas are divinely inspired
2. This inspiration is received in the form of revelations in the minds of the sages like Suka, Vyasa, etc
3. The sages are highly advanced souls.
4. The original inspiration received by the sages is pure and represents the highest truth.
5. The sages need to represent this truth in a form comprehensible to the majority of people including the lowest strata of society
6. The sages, although pure and high advanced still possess a mind and body.
7. The complexities presented by 5. and 6. above mean that a certain portion of the scriptures is allegorical (point 5.) and also contains certain features to the mental conditioning of the presenting sage(point 6.)
8. Some of the illustrating stories of the scriptures are allegorical and illustrative, while they may be based on true facts at the same time
9. Features like cosmology are also based on absolute truth and inspiration received but might also have certain features due to the mental conditioning of the presenting sage (point 6)
10. Let us please aspire for pure devotional service without adulteration by gyana and karma. Let us not be distracted by side issues and concerns.
We aspire for a loving relationship with the blue eyed boy of Goloka and the divine damsel of Vraja. Let us please remove everything from our minds but this apiration. Let us depend on this faith and nothing else. This faith is a divine benediction which we need to treasure as our only possession.
Comment Posted By JaySriRadhe108 On 05.01.2011 @ 14:43
I do think the Moon issue is a cause of considerable confusion in the devotee community.
Here are my thoughts on this issue.
1. The moon is a planet in the heavenly domain. The biological species of Homo Sapiens is not equipped to enter into this heavenly domain. The heavenly features are not visible to our senses.
2. A spaceship constructed out of matter cannot penetrate into the heavenly realm. Trishanku tried to enter the heavenly realm in his present body. He was only partially successful as he was banished by the Devatas and thrown out
3. There are places in the heavenly domain which are approachable by qualified people even from the present earthly domain. Examples of these are
a. Madhvachara meeting Veda Vyasa in the heavenly region of the Himalayas
b. Hanuman getting a Shiva Lingam from Kailash by entering into the Heavenly Kailash from the the earthly Mount Kailash
c. Bhima was thrown into the river after being fed poisoned food but entered into the heavenly domain of the Nagas.
4. Our modern attempts to enter heavenly regions by material means cannot be fully successful. This is the essence of Srila Prabhupada’s teachings in the current context. The present attempts by technologists to enter the Moon cannot enter the heavenly regions of the moon planet. The regions where the landing was allegedly carried out had only rock and sand and were not heavenly. This does not represent going to the moon. However, we must be careful before claiming that these trips are out and out hoaxes. The situation here may be similar to being on a boat on the ocean which is not a permanent residence in the ocean like the aquatics.
5. Our destination is not the moon planet but Krishna’s planet. The material nature is complex and impossible to fully understand. The material nature is not fully understood by Sukadeva, the modern technologists or even Brahma himself!
Comment Posted By JaySriRadhe108 On 04.01.2011 @ 14:51
The following is what Srila Prabhupada has to say:
Regarding details of the universe, be satisfied by reading only Bhagavatam.
What is the use of reading other books — you are not going there. Some
portion of the earth is flat. When you stand in any place you see flat, so
for us to some extent it appears flat, but it is round.
Simply keep faith that whatever we describe, that is a fact. After all, we
are an insignificant creature in the universe, so whether you take the
modern scientists or Sukadeva Goswami, it is inconceivable. It is best to
keep faith in Sukadeva Goswami, because actually our only business is to go
back to home, back to Godhead. So whether Sukadeva Goswami or the modern
scientists are right or wrong, it is nothing interesting to us. We want to
go back to home, back to Godhead — yanti mad-yajino’pi mam.
>>> Ref. VedaBase => Letter to: Madhava — Vrindaban 3 October, 1976
Comment Posted By JaySriRadhe108 On 22.11.2010 @ 10:22