Comments Posted By Jaya Govinda Caran d
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Although it is said that Vedic civilization was nomadic, I personally do not subscribe to it and as far as my knowledge is concerned, I have not heard from our Founder Acarya or read in Srimad Bhagavatam that the Vedic civilization was nomadic. It is mentioned in the fourth canto that Prithu Maharja started urbanization and created cities, but does not mention about a nomadic Vedic civilization. However, that is a tertiary point.
With regard to Karl Marx statement that ’the means of production determine social and political relationships’, yes, industrial revolution disrupts the balance. but that is like tearing up one factory to put up another. It does not change the nature of the society.
Varna system presupposes suprlus. Only then Vaisya and Sudra can pay tax to Kshatriya or donation to Vaisya..Varna is fully suitable to an industrial society, bacause it is a division of natures.
The only difference I can see is that the inter-varna ratio may change. With more surplus, it may be possible to have more Brahmins and less Sudras.
» Posted By Jaya Govinda Caran d On Jul 22, 2006 @ 7:47 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Ravindra Svarupa DasaIn the Philadelphia air...
- By Giriraj SwamiIn 1974, almost exactly forty y...
- By Lalitanatha dasa To this day, almost fort...
- By Gunacuda Dasi In his purport to Srimad Bhaga...
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...