Comments Posted By Jaya Madhava
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Dear Respected Devotees and Prabhus, Please accept my humble obesiances All glories to HDG Srila Prabhupada !
I want to respond to those devotees who responded to my article – “Hinduization of Iskcon”. I will answer point by point to the comments made by my article
1)Temple who pamper the Indians. By this I meant I have seen in some Iskcon temples the allowing of Demigod worship and unauthorised kirtans and guests allowed to speak mayavadi philoshphy in Hindi to Sunday feast guests (mostly Indians). On top of that Guests cooked the Sunday feast in karmi clothes and ate in the diety kitchen (they were Indians who supoort the temple) !!! Too many compromises were made, that is what I mean. The Indians are most welcome to come to Iskcon temples BUT Iskcon should raise their Standards Not that Iskcon Lowers its standards for them ! (for $$$) Also why should Iskcon celebrate Dwali at all ??? Prabhupada NEVER instituted this…its a Non Vaisnava Festival ! Where is the limit to compromise ? What about the demigod worship held in some Iskcon temples ? Is that pleasing to Srila Prabhupada ? I think not ! I never said Indian preaching should STOP, I appreciate all the help and support given by the Indian Community in the USA and the UK -That said I am concerned thst this should be RE-Accessed and More Emphasis should go to reviving Srila Prabhupada’s original preaching programs, book distribution, Hari Nam, Bhakta Making – to locals (non Indians). Futher more the Indian Cummunity should be trained to PREACH to the locals as we were.
2) DEMOGRAPHICS HAVE CHANGED: Yes, in some ways, but its not a reason to whole sale neglect or change Iskcons focus to mostly Indian-preaching at the expense and or dimise of of the vital sankirtan book distribution/Hari Nam…This is a grave mistake and if not re-accessed will put Srila Prabhupada’s movement in a weak condition and the changes made will not be possible to reverse. Im sorry I don’t agree with comments that promote the changing of the primary directives in Iskcon. Book distribution is Srila Prabhupada’s life and soul and everthing else is to support that. Otherwise it is a compromise and I saw the results: no locals attending Sunday programs anymore ! Senior devotees go away! For your information I lived in India for over 5 years, I lived in the UK over 3 years and I have some experiences to compare.
The demgraphics changed is a WEAK argument and I saw this untrue. I saw 2 temples in one city. One distributing books and Hari Nams, the other catering only to the Indians and of the 2 the first was DRY and more a social event for those attending then anything else. Of couse many Indain attending the first temple came to see the Dieties and chant HARE KRSNA and do devotional services (GREAT)! but their realizations are vastly different from temple initated devotees and I feel if the temples want to have programs with Indians should remain faithful to Iskcons ORIGINAL core programs: to help them advance in their KC Lives. Another comment, Moscow is supported by the Indain Community. Yes they have helped and it is deeply needed and appreciated BUT I spoke to the local GBC and cautioned him to not go overboard with this Indian preaching,where it may introduce COMPROMISES to Prabhupadas Iskcon in Russia. After all We are NOT HINDUS ! These are my realizations.
Thank you for your time. All Glories to Srila Prabhupada !!! All Glories to Iskcon and its sincere devotees !!!
Your seravnt, Jaya Madhava das -(ACBSP) Moscow
» Posted By Jaya Madhava On Jun 20, 2006 @ 12:38 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...