Comments Posted By Kalavati
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
I just received the news that His Grace Nirguna Prabhu has left his body in Sri Mayapur Dhama. Nirguna Prabhu was a wonderful, inspiring devotee who very single-mindedly preached Krsna Consciousness wherever he was and to whoever he was with.
In the late 1980’s and early 1990’s he was my sankirtan leader at New Panihati Dhama in Atlanta, and he served as a perfect example for neophytes such as myself. It didn’t matter that at one point we had to go to Hartsfield International Airport at 5am just to reserve a space in the terminal to distribute books, as other non-profit organizations would compete for the same spaces. Nirguna Prabhu focused on the positive and emphasized service to Srila Prabhupada above all else. He was able to brilliantly place things into a Krsna Conscious perspective, and so many pictures come to mind when I think of this wonderful devotee. He was always focused on devotional service – whether he was leading a kirtan party at a Rolling Stones or Grateful Dead concert, or hammering away at the roof of the new temple in Sandy Ridge, North Carolina.
I am devastated that we have lost the association of such a wonderful devotee – it is always most difficult for those of us left behind. Obviously Nirguna Prabhu is now in the spiritual world, with his physical suffering having ended. I understand the devotees in Sri Mayapur Dhama took such good care of him, as his illness progressed, and he expressed such appreciation and gratefulness towards being able to leave his body in the Holy Dhama, surrounded by the wonderful devotees living there. I pray to Sri Pancatattva for such an auspicious departure from this world, and cannot find the words to express the feeling of loss over losing the association of Nirguna Prabhu.
Kalavati devi dasi
» Posted By Kalavati On Nov 10, 2007 @ 9:53 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...