Comments Posted By Krsna Purvaja dasa
Displaying 1 To 2 Of 2 Comments
Thank you for your insightful comments, Akruranatha prabhu.
My initial remarks were made in response to the question as to how devotees field difficult questions, such as the one raised in post seven: how does the child in the womb, having prayed to Krishna, come to forget Him, particularly after experiencing a presumably less traumatic cesarean birth? Srila Jiva Goswami points out that such remembrance of Krishna in the womb applies only to rare individuals. In fact, most living entities do not experience such “prenatal” recollection.
However, I do appreciate your thoughtful points. Regardless of the circumstances under which one enters this world, we should not lose sight of the instrumental role that devotees play in helping others reestablish their relationship with the Lord. That is paramount.
» Posted By Krsna Purvaja dasa On Jun 22, 2008 @ 6:59 pm
«« Back To Stats Page
Please accept my obeisance. Jaya Srila Prabhupada.
Perhaps this is not entirely germane to the conversation, but nevertheless it might be worth considering that Srila Jiva Goswami states in Bhakti-sandarbha (Anuccheda 151) that it is in fact very rare that an unborn child remembers the Lord while in the womb. Accounts given in scripture to this effect constitute a generalization of the plight of the conditioned living entity. In this case, the description of the praying fetus is meant to glorify the independent nature of bhakti, which is not hampered under any circumstances and can be performed even in the womb. While this may be true, it is still uncommon that a person actually does so.
Krsna Purvaja dasa
» Posted By Krsna Purvaja dasa On Jun 17, 2008 @ 12:20 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...
- By Shyam Sunder Priya DasIt was like any other...
- By Iskcon VizagDue to hud hud cyclone our templ...
- By radhanathswami.com “When we do things on a s...
- By Zachary Feder and Khatera Sahibzada In an ag...