Comments Posted By Madhava Dasa
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Thank you so much for bringing this to the attention of all! I am traveling with my son this October on his first visit to the dhama, and you have inspired us to pay more attention to this simple act to help beautify and protect Sri Vrindavana dhama.
We naturally are trying to pay close attention to many sadhana oriented activities when we approach the dhama, we can find ourselves losing sight of some automated activities that we may not think about. The culture of the West cannot accomodate clay and leaf utensils, but certinaly the culture of Vrindavana village can, and we should take advantage of it.
There are the 10 offenses to the dhama that a pilgrim is advised to pay speciall attention to while visiting and living in the dhama. Like we do at the end of the 10 offenses in chanting, some nama-bhaktas say, “it is also an offense to be inattentive while chanting,” maybe we could add to the 10 offenses to the dhama, “it is also an offense to be inattentive while purchasing goods and services that would have an adverse resultant effect on the ecology of the dhama.” Or something like that ;-)
» Posted By Madhava Dasa On Aug 31, 2007 @ 1:36 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...