Comments Posted By Makhanchor Das
Displaying 1 To 4 Of 4 Comments
I’m with you Akruranatha!! I think it is at the very essence of Krsna consciousness to have integrity and to take a stand for what is best. That is what the Bhagavad Gita teaches. Not to sit it out and be guilty of “action in inaction”. In a democratic system we have some tiny modicum of power. Why not take that opportunity as Rupa Gosvami suggests and vote for the candidate who is the most favorable to Krsna consciousness.
» Posted By Makhanchor Das On Nov 1, 2008 @ 7:29 pm
Thank you very much Sita Pati prabhu. Yes the daadra taal mrdanga lesson is great!! It gives a good idea of how the beats are used, especially with the kartals and when you sing along for a bit. Very nice. A couple of those beats I have my own versions of, so it will be nice to know how they are actually supposed to be played. : )
This is very nice service to aspiring mrdanga players everywhere. Thank you.
» Posted By Makhanchor Das On Apr 26, 2008 @ 1:36 am
Haribol Sita Pati Prabhu,
Thank you for this book. Having played mrdanga for 30 some years I am always interested in learning more. I have a humble request. It would be very helpful to people like me who have no formal training in mrdanga but who just learned by doing it and watching others if you could put out a mp3 of the sound of the beats when played properly. I know for myself it is much easier to hear something and try to play it than it is to try to decipher it in written form. Even a 20 second sample of each beat would be very helpful to a technically illiterate person such as myself. If you are willing I would be very grateful.
» Posted By Makhanchor Das On Apr 19, 2008 @ 5:49 pm
«« Back To Stats Page
To me freeganism is a reflection of the first half of Srila Prabhupada’s motto “simple living high thinking”. It is unfortunate that they haven’t taken up the other more important half of the motto, the high thinking part. Human life is meant for self realization. Absent that endeavor, their solution falls short
» Posted By Makhanchor Das On Sep 25, 2007 @ 5:40 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By E. BondarThe way we answer this question wil...
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...
- By Niranjana Swami My name is Omvati Devi Dasi,...
- By Harideva Dasa “So at the time of death… Of c...