Comments Posted By Ms.Rural
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
Cows are dependent upon people. In order for milk to be processed for human consumption, there have to be people trained as cowherds and milkers. How many people come to ISKCON’s farm communities and get trained up to do these services? How many of them remain as milkers/cowherds for more than a few years? Taking out ISKCON politics as a factor, the reality is that few people attracted to ISKCON are from rural backgrounds, let alone from farms. Most people in our ISKCON farm communities are living in the country but not living with the land. And I don’t mean simply unable to afford property of their own–I’m speaking of ignorance of nature. The patience and skills needed to carry out farm chores or cow husbandry day after day requires a mindset that has been steeped in such knowledge from childhood, or at the minimum, a great appreciation for nature. U.S. society as a whole has lost touch with the necessity of giving children green spaces, exposure to nature, and plenty of time to be outside enjoying nature. Therefore, the number of possible young recruits for ISKCON who possess rural knowledge and/or appreciation for the natural world is shrinking. I recommend that everyone, especially devotee parents, read the book “Last Child in the Woods,” by Richard Louv. Ms. Rural (www.aruralplace.wordpress.com)
» Posted By Ms.Rural On May 2, 2007 @ 1:35 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...
- By Niranjana Swami My name is Omvati Devi Dasi,...
- By Harideva Dasa “So at the time of death… Of c...
- By Iskcon NairobiThe University Program in Nair...
- By Vaishnavangri Sevaka Das "Oh! Fiftieth ISKCO...