Comments Posted By Omia
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
My experience is that many of the young women of ISKCON, especially including the youth on the bus tours, are often the best singers, dancers and actors. They are often the most qualified to make an attractive Krishna conscious presentation to the public; in addition to looking nice. Furthermore, young devotees need to be empowered and encouraged, especially to take leadership roles. Otherwises, what will be the future of our movement? I think to just force the young girls in our movement to hide and wear lots of extra clothing would be quite disempowering, an obstacle to their spiritual development and a loss for our movement.
If the sannyasis and brahmacharis don’t feel as though participating in those types of presentations are healthy for their renunciation, then that is their prerogative, and they should use their own spiritual intelligence to make those types of decisions. But I don’t think they should be imposing their needs on everyone else.
Do we really want to be a movement for repressed renunciates?
» Posted By Omia On Dec 11, 2007 @ 3:01 am
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...
- By Indian Media Nineteen ISKCON devotees were i...
- By Gaurangi Devi DasiThe Padayatra Ministry is ...
- By Vrndavana Vinodini Devi DasiHearing good new...
- By Ramlakshman Das 20 devotees registered for t...
- By Madhavananda Das Everyday, ISKCON devotees a...
- By Bhajahari das Due to Tribhuvanatha's prabh...
- By Arjuna Krsna das Both Rama Laksman prabhu, D...
- By Nanda Kishor dasISKCON’s Bhakti Yoga Society...
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...