Comments Posted By Padmanabha das
Displaying 1 To 1 Of 1 Comments
«« Back To Stats Page
It’s not clear whether Krishna Kirti Prabhu has taken the following statement made by Hridayananda Maharaja into account in writing this essay. This was posted on Dandavats on Saturday, June 10th, 2006 and is Maharaja’s clarification written after his other writings on the subject:
“Statement from H.H. Hrdayananda Das Goswami”
“I do not favor gay marriages. Rather, I accept the principle, as stated in my paper, that religious marriage is between a man and a woman. Heterosexual relations within marriage for the procreation of children is clearly the standard in Krishna consciousness.
My basic point is this: as Vaishnavas, we should feel great compassion for every sincere soul who is struggling to become Krishna conscious in this very difficult age. I have no doubt that there are sincere souls, with real devotion to Krishna, who cannot completely avoid homosexuality. We should encourage these sincere souls to advance in Krishna consciousness and gradually transcend all material desires.”
» Posted By Padmanabha das On Jan 25, 2007 @ 1:20 pm
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Ramlakshman Das 20 devotees registered for t...
- By Madhavananda Das Everyday, ISKCON devotees a...
- By Bhajahari das Due to Tribhuvanatha's prabh...
- By Arjuna Krsna das Both Rama Laksman prabhu, D...
- By Nanda Kishor dasISKCON’s Bhakti Yoga Society...
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...